Privacy StatementLast Revised 1 June 2020
This notice describes how talking elephants services Ltd (“talkingelephants.org.uk”, “we”, “us” or “our”) collects, uses and stores your personal information. This policy may change so please check this page from time to time. We promise to respect your personal information and keep it safe. We aim to be clear when we collect your information about what we will do with it.
We are a “data controller” for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (“Data Protection Law”). This means that we are responsible for the processing of your personal information.
This Privacy Notice does not apply to the personal information of anyone under the age of consent, to whom talking elephants services ltd provides services to or employees. These can be obtained from us upon request.
Talking elephants services Ltd is a company incorporated in the United Kingdom with company number 12532122.
You can contact us via post to DPO, talking elephants services ltd, 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London WC2H 9JQ
Please take some time to read this privacy notice before you use the website, or engage with us on social media. It is a legally binding agreement and contains important information on your legal rights and obligations. It explains the information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website, what we may use it for and whom we may give it to. It will also explain your rights towards your personal information and how we look after it while we have it.
What data do we collect?
In order to provide you with information about our services, we may collect personal information about you from our website, telephone conversations, emails, application forms and written communications. The information we collect may vary based on what service we provide you. This may include information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number or medical information (“personal information”)
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as online user I.D, and/or about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our website and usage details.
- We only collect information about you that we need to ensure you get the best service from us. We try to minimise what we do collect.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us.
Contacting us via social media: If you send us a private or direct message via social media, the message will not be stored outside of the applications. It will not also be shared with any other organisations. Please read the applications terms and conditions and privacy notices.
How do we collect your data?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
Direct interactions. You may give us data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
Request to see a therapist;
sign up to any form of direct marketing such as a newsletter
- Register for a group or event hosted by talking elephants services ltd
register for access or create an account on our website;
request marketing to be sent to you;
enter a competition, promotion or survey;
supply us with feedback.
How do we use your data?
We may use your personal information and other information collected from you for the following purposes:
- To provide you with communications or services which you have signed up for or otherwise agreed to receive
- To provide information to you so that you may use the Site and Services more effectively
- To communicate with you for the purpose of informing you of changes or additions to the Services, or of the availability of any Service we provide
- To assess service levels, monitor traffic patterns and gauge popularity of different service options
- To communicate with you about products or services that may be of interest to you
- To respond to claims of any violation of our rights
- To cooperate with legal, criminal or regulatory investigations or proceedings
- To respond to your requests for customer service, and
- To protect the rights, property or personal safety of you, us, our users and the public; and as required or authorized by law.
- We may occasionally communicate with you regarding our products, services, news and events. You have the option to not receive marketing emails from us. We provide an opt-out function within all email communications of this nature, or will cease to communicate with you for this purpose, if you contact us and tell us not to communicate this information to you. The only kind of these communications that you may not “opt-out” of are those required to communicate announcements directly related to the Services we provide to you. We will attempt to minimize this type of communication to you.
How do we store your data?
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorised access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
Links to other websites
This website may include links to third-party websites. Clicking on those links may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Sharing your data
We do not and will not sell or rent your data. Any data containing your personal information will not be disclosed without first receiving your permission.
We will only share your information with third parties in accordance with your instructions or as necessary to provide you with a specific Service or otherwise in accordance with applicable privacy laws. In addition, we may disclose your personal and non-personal information to our agents, contractors and service providers who are engaged to perform functions on our behalf (such as processing of payments, provision of data storage, hosting of our website, marketing of our products and services, conducting audits, and performing web analytics). These third party contractors and service providers (i) shall be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to provide the service, and (ii) must protect personal information to the same extent as talkingelephants.org.uk, including not using it for any improper purpose.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties when we believe, in good faith and in our sole discretion, that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to
- comply with legal or regulatory requirements or cooperate with law enforcement or regulatory investigation
- protect the rights, property or safety of talkingelephants.org.uk our users or other third parties
- prevent a crime or protect national security
- detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues
Information about our users, including personal information, may be disclosed as part of any merger, acquisition, or sale of talkingelephants.org.uk and/or its assets, as well as in the unlikely event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, in which case personal information would be transferred as one of the business assets of the company.
We may also disclose non-personally identifiable information on an aggregated, anonymous basis (see “Aggregated Data” section below) to our business partners, investors, potential buyers and other third parties if we deem such disclosure, in our sole discretion, to have sound business reasons or justifications.
We may also use your personal information and information about your Site activity to generate Aggregated Data for internal use and for sharing with others on a selective basis. “Aggregated Data” means records which have been stripped of information potentially identifying Site users, and which have been manipulated or combined to provide generalized, anonymous information. Aggregated Data will not disclose you as the source or subject of the information.
Visiting our site from outside the UK
We will strive to prevent unauthorized access to your personal information; however, no data transmission over the Internet, by wireless device or over the air is guaranteed to be 100% secure. We will continue to enhance security procedures as new technologies and procedures become available.
Please remember that you control what personal information you provide while using the Services. Ultimately, you are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your identification and any personal information in your possession for the use of the Services. Always be careful and responsible regarding your personal information.
Accessing and deleting your information
When you use our Site, we make every effort to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. If you would like to delete your personal information, please contact us. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be deleted before processing all such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backups), or for which access is not otherwise required. Please contact us with any questions, if you need assistance accessing or changing your personal information, or if you would like to have your personal information deleted. Please be aware that if you delete your personal information, you may not be able to continue to use our Services.
Cookies and other information gathering technologies
If you do not wish to accept cookies, you can usually set your browser to decline them, and if you wish to delete or disable cookies previously placed on your computer, the “help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to do so. Please note, however, that if you choose to set your browser to decline, delete or disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our Site.
In addition to cookies, we or our service providers may use web beacons, pixels and similar technologies on our Site and in email messages or newsletters. These tiny electronic images can be used to assist us in determining how many users have visited certain pages or opened messages or newsletters. However, we do NOT use these images to collect personal information.
Please send any requests for information to DPO, talking elephants services ltd, 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London WC2H 9JQ